Instead of offering an instructional sequence that “works,” the objective of design research is to offer teachers an empirically grounded theory on how a certain set of instructional activities can work. (Gravemeijer, K)
- Writing our reflections about
- The creation of the blog
- The process of learning DR
- The process of understanding how DR is conducted
- Things that are needed to reinforce (where do I feel confused still)
- Writing our final definition of DR
- Brainstorming about posters for showcase and doing the posters
- Discussion about the design principles of our product (this is sill in draft)
- What next?
Design provide procedures for solving problems-as particular manifestations of an underlying structure of inquiry common to all designing. (Peter Grow, Design Thinking)
is about using the designer’s approach to solving problems and developing new design. A ‘Great Design’ is characterized by a deep understanding of the user, creative resolution of tensions, collaborative prototyping, and continuous modification and enhancement of ideas and solutions.
Experienced pattern recognition:
Creating ideas is one thing, choosing the best one for the situation at hand, is where the real brilliance or experience comes in.